Auto-renew scam - STAY AWAY FROM JDATE.COM

2 of 12 Jdate Reviews
Apr 05

Worst customer service on the planet.They auto-renewed my account without notifying me in advance nor sending me a receipt of the transaction after the fact.

I called to ask for a refund 17 days after the credit card charge hit my card and they agreed only to a partial refund. The rep kept citing the terms of service that I "agreed to at the time of the original purchase" (which I thought was a one-time 3 month subscription). My credit card company is on my side and was happy to dispute the remaining amount that they don't refund.

Total scam, shady practices, rude customer service, terrible dating service.STAY AWAY!

609126e
Review #481784
I had the same issue 1
Had an experience with JDate?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
notgivingit

Apr 06 Auburn, Massachusetts

it's not a scam if it's spelled out in their terms of service unfortunately. it's a bad way to do business but by no means a scam. for if it weren't in their TOS that opens them up to potential lawsuits so that's how they get away with these shady deals.
good on your credit card company though for standing by you. some seem unwilling to work with customers to resolve shady dealings like this so it's nice to know one isn't afraid to help their customers.

0 0 Reply

×
You were reading a complaint about JDate.
Filing a new complaint about
×