Auto-renew scam - STAY AWAY FROM JDATE.COM

Worst customer service on the planet.They auto-renewed my account without notifying me in advance nor sending me a receipt of the transaction after the fact.

I called to ask for a refund 17 days after the credit card charge hit my card and they agreed only to a partial refund. The rep kept citing the terms of service that I "agreed to at the time of the original purchase" (which I thought was a one-time 3 month subscription). My credit card company is on my side and was happy to dispute the remaining amount that they don't refund.

Total scam, shady practices, rude customer service, terrible dating service.STAY AWAY!

More Review Details

Helpful? 8 Yes 8 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
notgivingit

Apr 06, 2014 #802526 Auburn, Massachusetts

it's not a scam if it's spelled out in their terms of service unfortunately. it's a bad way to do business but by no means a scam. for if it weren't in their TOS that opens them up to potential lawsuits so that's how they get away with these shady deals.
good on your credit card company though for standing by you. some seem unwilling to work with customers to resolve shady dealings like this so it's nice to know one isn't afraid to help their customers.

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×

You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to JDate. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about JDate.
Filing a new complaint about